Join Us as a Project Coordinator
The YR² lab is looking for a new project coordinator!
We are seeking a full-time coordinator for a grant-funded (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) project focused on understanding short-term risk for suicidal behavior in youth. For this project, adolescents are intensely monitored (ecological momentary assessment via smartphone and wrist actigraphy) during the month following discharge from acute hospitalization for suicide risk. The project coordinator will gain experience with all aspects of the research process, including opportunities to present data at academic conferences and assist with manuscript preparation. Start date is August 1, 2018, although an earlier start date is negotiable. Funding is guaranteed for one year, with the potential for extension pending additional grant funding.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitating participant recruitment and screening
- Coordinating data collection, cleaning, and analysis
- Grants management
- Preparing and maintaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols
- General administrative duties to maintain the workings of the lab
The following skills and experiences are required:
- Background in psychology or a related field (B.A., B.S., or equivalent)
- Previous research experience (at least 1-2 years)
- Previous clinical experience (at least 1 year)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills to maintain excellent rapport with adolescents and their families
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google docs/calendar
- Schedule flexibility: Hours will vary week to week and will sometimes include evenings and weekends
The following skills will confer an advantage, but are not necessary to receive consideration:
- Previous experience working with youth and their families in experimental or clinical settings
- Clinical interviewing
- Preparing and maintaining IRB protocols
- Grants management
- Familiarity with programming (e.g., R) and statistical packages (e.g., SPSS)
To apply, interested individuals should email a cover letter and CV to Dr. Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly from the recommenders to Dr. Glenn. Application review will start immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Applicants will also need to apply through Human Resources at the University of Rochester. Additional details about this process will be provided via email. The University of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for a PDF of this position announcement.